How Bed and Breakfasts Benefit from These Software Tools
In our digital age, there’s a piece of software or an app for just about anything. If you consider your needs, you can find at least several options.
With so many choices, how is an innkeeper to know which ones are best and will be the most beneficial. In this article, we look at some great options as we explore how bed and breakfasts can benefit from these software tools.
This comprehensive all-in-one hotel management software has a suite of options that help you generate more reservations and increase overall guest happiness.
With multiple integrations, this system can meet many of your needs:
- Customers can book through your website, Facebook page and channels such as Booking.com and Orbitz.
- It integrates easily with credit card processors and other applications like Zapier.
- You’ll find 24/365 customer support.
- It’s easy to easy with many features.
- Pricing is dependent on the number of rooms at your bed and breakfast, making it an affordable option.
- It’s cloud based and mobile-friendly.
- The system includes easy invoicing options.
- It supports many languages.
- You can split folios making payment easy for guests.
- It includes housekeeping management and organization allowing you to assign rooms to staff, keep notes and more.
- You can manage more than one property.
- Finally, they’ll even help you with your data migration.
Users enjoy using this cloud-based property management system. It can meet the needs of a variety of properties from bed and breakfasts to resorts, lodges and hotels.
What’s exciting about innRoad is their booking engine can be customized to match the look and feel of your bed and breakfast website.
The booking engine handles guest check-in and checkout with ease. It also syncs room inventory and rates across all sources from your website to Expedia, Booking.com, TripAdvisor, BedandBreakfast.com and many more.
You’ll also find:
- 24/7 support by phone and email
- Multiple third party integrations
- Mobile optimization
- Group bookings
- Rate tracker
- Availability calendar
- Unlimited staff training and a dedicated implementation advisor
- Migration for your existing data systems including guest history
- No long-term contract
Their pricing is by contact only.
Another popular software tool for bed and breakfasts, this is also a cloud-based solution. It’s more than a web-based reservation system as it’s also a powerful property management system that meets your front and back office needs.
In addition to the regular reservation system tools, with WebRezPro, you can:
- Advertise deals for last minute sales.
- Set up special rates for preferred guests, corporate clients or travel agents.
- Package room deals with other local activities.
- Handle your front desk, reservations, housekeeping and accounting.
- Print multiple reports and analyze reservation data. The system even recognizes opportunities in the market.
- Connect with Expedia, Booking.com, and others.
- Manage your system from anywhere.
You’ll find this system incredibly budget friendly as they begin at just $5 month (minimum charge of $60/month) per room with minimal upfront costs. This fee includes a full accounting suite and a commission-free booking engine.
Yet another cloud based system, this one handles reservations, room operations, housekeeping, laundry, reporting, guest engagement, and more. The system can help you increase your revenue and your efficiency.
This complete PMS solution is perfect for your bed and breakfast as well as larger properties. It comes with multiple language options, 24/7 live support and a 30-day free trial.
With eZee FrontDesk, you can:
- Use their simple, user-friendly booking engine. Your guests will appreciate the ease of use.
- Synchronize with your hotel’s website, so your branding matches across all channels. You can customize the hotel reservation system to your requirements.
- Enjoy 0% commission bookings.
- Allow guests to book multiple room types at one setting.
- Accept guest payments by allowing them to choose from 60+ integrated payment gateways and credit card processors.
- Use their multiple widgets and plugins on your website.
- Upsell extras.
- Create promotions and packages and even secret deals for specific guests.
- Book through your Facebook page.
- Send SMS notifications to your guests thus increasing their overall customer experience.
- Publish guests reviews to your website.
- Engage with your guests before, during and after their stay using automated emails.
- Utilize Google hotel ads as they are a partner.
Now that we’ve looked at software tools, let’s look at another group of tools that will benefit your overall productivity and help increase your business.
When it comes to social media, many small business owners find it hard to keep it up. Yet, social media is a terrific way to build your business and engage with customers on a daily basis.
This daunting task is made easier by a few social media management tools that are budget friendly and easy to use:
- SmarterQueue lets you hook up four platforms for $16.99/month – perfect for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest. The system helps you find quality content, craft your posts, schedule them through their posting plan, and measure your success.
- SocialPilot lets you manage 50 accounts for $25/month. If you have multiple properties, the additional number comes in handy. Just like SmarterQueue, you can curate content, publish and schedule posts days in advance, and enjoy robust reporting.
- Hootsuite is a familiar name, and you can utilize their plan for $29 per month, and that comes with 10 social profiles. This option includes all the same features as the others, but it also lets you create social media ads through their system as well.
These social media tools will complement your overall PMS system and help you increase your productivity and your overall revenue.
As a busy bed and breakfast owner, it can be challenging to find the right software to meet your needs. Yet, in our digital age, it’s more important than ever to find just the right one.
Consider your needs as well as the needs of your customers. After all, your goal is to provide an excellent guest experience, so your software needs to measure up.
While some options out there are better suited to large hotels, you’ll find the ones on this list are solutions just right for the bed and breakfast or small inn.
Use this list to guide your search and always do your research. Talk to the company, look over their customer reviews, and be sure you’re comfortable with their customer service.
Once you’ve decided on a software tool, commit to learning your new software and putting it to good use for your business and your customer. (tweet this)
Looking to showcase your hotel? At Hotel Propeller, we build functional, beautiful websites that highlight your hotel to help you stand out in the crowd. You’ll find everything you need to attract guests to your website and compel visitors to make a reservation. Take a look at our showcase and contact us today.
Free Hotel Website Checklist
5 Essential tips for using your website to book more guests! Plus, a Free email course, Winning Web Strategies For Innkeepers.